One of the most famous landmarks in St Augustine, Florida is the Bridge of Lions which connects downtown to Anastasia Island where we stayed on our visit. The bridge spans the Intercoastal Waterway and Matanzas Bay and is part of the A-1-A highway along Florida’s east coast.
Known as “The Most Beautiful Bridge in Dixie”, the structure was completed in 1927. The marble lions, a copy of the ancient design which graced the Villa de Medici in Rome, were gifts of Dr. Andrew Anderson (1839–1924), the builder of the Markland House, who spent the last decade of his life putting works of art in public places in the Ancient City.
The Bridge of Lions – St Augustine, Florida
Tamron 16-300 Di II VC PZD Macro
70mm @ f8 – 1/800 sec – ISO 200